McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently April 16th, 2021, 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:26 pm 
Fusion Expert

Brandon,
I am sure you have your hands full, but you may wish to delete your Admin5 screen name as it is the default administrative screen name of UBB's. Make sure you sign up first with a new name, and in your admin controls which should be here, you toggle full admin privileges to your new screen name before you cancel the Admin5 name, otherwise you will be really hosed

My UBB can be seen here, although both ours are old versions, especially this one.

I do not see a manual butt fusions system for 4, 6 and 8" pipe.

Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:27 pm 

How about this for an admin name?

I'm not an expert on this, but isn't a No.28 machine what your looking for?

No.28 Information Link

Brandon
Webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:27 pm 
Information on a manual 4" machine can be found here:
No.14 PitBull
This No.14 PitBull is capable of fusing 1" IPS through 4" DIPS pipe.

The No.28 machine noted in the post above is a semi-automatic, hydraulically powered fusion machine. It is capable of fusing 2" IPS through 8" DIPS pipe. It comes in several models:
No.28 Fusion Machine
No.28 PitBull
TracStar No.28

Do you have a need for a manual 2" through 8" machine? We have built such machines in the past but they had limited demand. Handling 6 and 8" pipe can be quite demanding and usually required some hydraulic power assist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm 
Fusion Expert

I will take a look at the 14 machine. The 28 is overkill at an asked for $10,800 price.
For the typical plumber doing 4-6" lines, the systems I am seeing offered by the companies that produce small pipe bursting pullersare simplistic lever operated with a Milwaukee Sawzall style body powering the facer tool.

I have seen some 6" systems in the $3-4K range that come with spacer rings to bush down from 6" to 4".

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm 
DaveFC,
The No.14 carries an asked for price of $2637. As a PE pipe joining company, we are always interested in new products. If the market need is driving a 6" manual machine, we can certainly build it. What would you estimate the demand for such a machine is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:29 pm 

Well, to be honest I don't know. Originally this was a three year old trial version, and I installed the new one over it, so I'm guessing there may be some "lingering" features from the old one. Well for giggles I just clicked the Spell Check button... looks like it works off spellcheck.net. I bet they'd have all the information you need to put their engine in your site as well.

Good luck,
Brandon