McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently November 14th, 2019, 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 6th, 2013, 8:13 pm 

My name is Jimmy, and I will be going to a course in Tulsa in the beginning of march. I have a degree in electrical construction and maintenance, and work for a company that rents fusion machines in upstate NY. However we do not deal with McElroy, just the competitors :lol:

I came onto this site to see what I could learn about McElroy before I attend the course. I have never worked on or even been in sight of a McElroy machine. Everyone seems to speak very highly of them so I am very anxious to get to see one!

If anyone can reccomend some good Tech articles for me to read that would be great...

Thank you,
Jimmy

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 12:49 pm 
Hello and welcome to the site!

I am one of the instructors in the schools and I look forward to meeting you. I would recommend starting with the catalog. It has info about each machine including the technical specifications. You can download a copy at:http://www.mcelroy.com/catalog/2010%20McElroy%20Fusion%20Catalog%20&%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

All of the prints including the electrical schematics are available on our parts finder. http://fusion.mcelroy.com/parts/exec Just enter the part number for a machine from the catalog and click around. We use schematics for troubleshooting, especially on the larger machines.

Again, welcome and we look forward to meeting you in person!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 6:56 pm 

Sorry it took me so long to respond, kinda forgot i posted here! I actually have been reading the book you guys mailed us. Its unreal what I can find on your website here, it surpasses any of the other big names in this industry exponentially. I am hoping we can establish a connection and possibly become a McElroy dealer in the near future. I will be out in Tulsa the 5th to the 8th. Anything good to do out in the city that you can recommend me doing in my free time? Keep in mind i will have no car and am under 21 :lol:

Thank you for the information and the help!