McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently October 26th, 2020, 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:31 pm 
Prior Board Member

Does McElroy make ultrasonic testing equipment for plastic pipe fusion that can be used with non-McElroy fusing equipment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:31 pm 
Several years ago McElroy marketed an UltraSonic testing system for PE butt fused joints. The system was called UltraMc. Unfortunately, we no longer offer that product due to very limited market demand. We have a small user base that still owns the equipment. This may be an option for you.
Another option for quality assurance is for you to use our DataLogger. The DataLogger is used to record and document the profile of each fusion joint made. The infrared temperature probe and the pressure transducer measure and record the heater plate surface temperature, as well as the hydraulic cylinder pressure during each fusion process. The LCD display screen can prompt the operator for fusion parameters for each type and size pipe and machine used, before you make the fusion joint. Using the DataLogger will permit you to determine if the correct fusion procedure was followed prior to removing the pipe from the machine. Information on the DataLogger can be found at:
http://www.mcelroymfg.com/fusion/machines/datalog.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:32 pm 
Prior Board Member

Can you tell me more about the old UltraMc system and how long ago you stopped marketing it. Also, do you have any information about who and/where I might be able to find an UltraMc system

Post subject:
We stopped marketing the UltraMc in early 1999. You might try contacting the distributor in your area. It is possible that they could direct you to one of their clients who purchased an UltraMc. The distributor in your area can be found at:
Distributor Locator
There are also companies that do contract testing using the UltraMc. You might try the following:
JanX (The old Consolidated NDE)

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
As for more information about the UltraMc. You can try the following site: www.gri.org/pub/abstracts/gri95_0482.html
We will soon have the "Older Equipment" area built in our Solutions area of the www.mcelroymfg.com web site. This area will contain manuals, specs, and other technical information for all our older equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:33 pm 
Prior Board Member

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me where JanX is located so I can contact them directly?
Thank you again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:33 pm 

Jim has a direct link to their website in his post up there, but it's hard to tell because of the color scheme. (I'll see what I can do to fix that.)
Here is the contact info I pulled directly from their front page:

Telephone: 517-531-8210
FAX: 517-531-3911
Postal address:
8500 East Michigan Avenue
Parma, Michigan 49269
Electronic mail---
General Information: janx@voyager.net
Webmaster: maggie@albionmich.com

Brandon

Post subject: UltraMc
PostPosted: August 28th, 2006, 12:05 pm 
Certified Instructor

We just happen to have one in our stock if you are interested in purchasing. Let me know. Thanks!

OFFICE: 913-829-3500 ext. 275
FAX: 913-747-7994