McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently April 16th, 2021, 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:45 pm 
Prior Board Member

I am wanting to establish some protocols for our fusion machine operators whereby they document that the machine and equipment they are using has been inspected prior to use to ensure fusion joints will not be compromised by faulty equipment. I was wanting to develop a form, but need to know precisely what one would look for when inspecting a machine. I would also like to have a form for the operator to complete listing the size of pipe, SDR rating, recommended fusion pressure and temperature, actual fusion pressure and temperature, weather conditions, total joints completed on their shift, and other pertinent information.
Before re-inventing the wheel, I was curious if there are already these types of documents available for use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:45 pm 
We might have just the form your looking for in the back of our manuals. If this doesn't fit exactly, it might give you a good place to start.
Check out page 44 in the following manual: http://services.mcelroymfg.com/manuals/801601.pdf
As for a form for the operator to complete listing the size of pipe, SDR rating, recommended fusion pressure and temperature, actual fusion pressure and temperature, etc. I would recommend using a product like the DataLogger. I believe this would give the operator a convenient way to record the information (some automatically) and an excellent QA reporting/recording device. It come with a Windows companion program for storing and managing the downloadable data. You also can use the portable printer in the field for printing out the data along with a "strip chart" type record of the joint. You can find out more information on the DataLogger at: http://www.mcelroymfg.com/fusion/machines/datalog.htm

Be sure to check out the catalog section link for a sample printout.