McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently January 18th, 2021, 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:06 pm 
Engineering

Datalogger User,
Unlike the old companion program that treated each download as a collection of reports, the McElroy Joint Reporter splits each report out from a download session and puts them in individual report files.

Every time you download a group of joint reports, the program creates a subfolder for them under the “My Reports” folder to store those reports. You can also rename the subfolder or create other subfolders to further classify the individual files.

These report files can be handled just like any document files you have on your PC. Like Microsoft Word document files, you can copy McElroy joint report files on to a floppy disk, organize them into folders, and even email them to other people.

These file management functions can be found under the File menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:07 pm 
Prior Board Member

Kean,
It’s great to be able to handle individual files like you described. I tried a few of the functions you pointed out, and it worked great.

I emailed a report file to my boss for demonstration, but he could not open that file when he got it. It did not take us long to figure out that he needed a copy of the McElroy Joint Reporter program to be able to open the file. After we installed the program, he could open, read, and print the report. It was great!

While I was playing with the File menu functions, I came across the “Convert” function. What does it do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:08 pm 
Engineering

Datalogger User,
The “convert” function is for people who have old report files downloaded using the old DataLogger™ Companion program. The convert utility will extract individual reports from the old data files and put them into separate report files.

By the way, there is a context sensitive help feature in the McElroy Joint Reporter program. The help icon looks like an arrow with a question mark, and it is the last item on the tool bar. If you have a question about any button or menu item, simply click on the help icon, then go to the feature or function you have a question on, and click on that function. A help screen will open up and give you an explanation.

Of course the McElroy technical support team is always a phone call or email away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:08 pm 
Prior Board Member

Kean,
Thank you very much for your time. With your help, we have a much clearer understanding on how to make the best use of the Datalogger and the McElroy Joint Reporter program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:09 pm 
Engineering

Datalogger User,
It was my pleasure helping you. Please feel free to post your questions in the future. We are here to help.