McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently September 16th, 2019, 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 9:46 pm 

Does anyone know how much fuel a 412 and a 618 use per eight hour or ten hour work day and assuming it runs the entire time? Would the size of the pipe being fused make a difference on fuel consumption?

Knowing the tank capacity is 5 Gallons/18.92 Liters I'm wondering at what point it would run out and being diesel what would be the lowest level the fuel level should go to before refueling?

PostPosted: March 24th, 2012, 3:13 pm 

I have been told the T412/618s are listed to run around the 0.6GPH or 2.23LPH (on the T412/618, Kubota 722) but there are some things that can definitely effect this. The altitude your are running at, ambient temptaure and or winds effect on the heater plate and how long it needs to run to keep up, or even the quality of fuel your getting on site. I would suggest that you check the high idle RMP voltage while under a load. I have seen some set the voltage without a heater plate load and it ends up running the RPM a fail bit higher than need be. As for how long to run on one tank of fuel, that’s a personal choice (based on I don’t like to run below ¼ tank) and I would recommend a top off in the morning when doing a prestart and then again at lunch time for a standard 10hr production day. I hope this helps out.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 8:15 pm 

Solid information Dave. Appreciate the detail you posted.