McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently October 27th, 2020, 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 10:42 am 

:?: Where can I find the part list / schematic?

Have a customer whom is having a problem with 1 set of clamps losing pressure or bleeding off as he puts it. I am thinking cylinder or directional valve?

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 4:42 pm 
The parts list and schematic are available online. Under our products section of the website, you can navigate to accessories. Click on hydraulic clamping and it gets you here http://www.mcelroy.com/fusion/accessories/hydraulicclamping/opt_machine.htm

Click the appropriate part number and it will take you to the parts finder. The parts list and schematic are in the instruction sheet. Good luck!

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 9:00 am 

I did find the parts lists I needed and after talking with the customer again, he now mentioned all clamp cylinders appear to bleed off & loose pressure..
So I suggested changing out 1 at a time the check valve, the pressure reducing valve & the flow regulator to try & determine which would be the culprit... If that fails, change the entire manifold assy... I'll post as to what we figure out.... I was hoping someone already had this problem & had a solution in hand! :)

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 10:38 am 
I would swap the cartridge valves and see if the problem stays on that side or swaps to the other. That will tell you if it is the valve. It is possible that it is the cylinder as well but I doubt that is as likely.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2012, 9:19 am 

Update: Customer changed out the entire manifold assy & the problem stayed the same... I am now thinking blow-by in one or more of the cylinders but we will not resolve the issue since the customer is planning to do away with the hyd clamping and go back to the manual method...

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 4:00 pm 
Certified Instructor

Could you pleases give us a call at 918-836-8611and ask for customer service.