McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently October 26th, 2020, 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Major DL4 issue
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2012, 5:44 pm 

so i just recieved my DL4 and i began fusing with it i ran it like i normally would but when it came time to stop the weld i got a message
" Writing DL4 Report- An Error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device. Please install 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab' for windows Mobile 5.0 and above"

seeing the "optional" line i dismissed it but.....

i got 4600 feet fused and when i went to print off the reports there were no Joint reports saved!!!!! the client cut out all of my welds and we lost a week of work!!!

i cant find this stupid NETCFv35 download anywhere and the "getting started disc" supplied with my DL4 wont recognize my newest version of Adobe flash...

at this point im pretty set that this DL4 is complete Crap...

some one help :!: :!:

9439 34 st
Edmonton, Alberta
PH 780-416-6025
FX 780-416-6172
CELL 780-242-3534
Email Amcmillan@EMCOLTD.com

Post subject: Re: Major DL4 issue
PostPosted: July 4th, 2012, 12:21 pm 

Ken called me last night and the problem was resolved

9439 34 st
Edmonton, Alberta
PH 780-416-6025
FX 780-416-6172
CELL 780-242-3534
Email Amcmillan@EMCOLTD.com

PostPosted: July 4th, 2012, 4:55 pm 

Due to having others reading this please explain the resolution. Was it an error with the original settings or programming, or a setting outside of the DL4 programming? Please let us know what had to be done to correct this mistake.
Thank you

PostPosted: July 5th, 2012, 7:03 am 
Fusion Expert

The Problem experienced with the DL4 was due to some special characters that were entered in the Job Number and Operator ID fields. Please avoid using the following special (invalid) characters (for now) in the Job Number and Operator ID fields: \\/:*?<>|
These characters do not play well with the programming that creates the file name. For example, have you ever tried to rename a Windows file something like "John/Dave Test Report" ? Windows uses the "/" character to designate switches, so it won't allow you to use that character.

We will work on a more permanent solution to this, but once the special characters were removed from the fields, the DL4 worked properly.

Happy DataLogging!
John

PostPosted: July 5th, 2012, 4:36 pm 
Fusion Expert

Update!!!
Thanks to some quick response by our engineering team, a new version of software is now available for download to resolve the special character issue that has been mentioned in this thread. Please update your DL4 Datalogger® at your earliest opportunity with the latest version (1.03 on the date of this post).

The special characters will be replaced with an underscore "_" in the file name, so you can enter special characters, but the file name will look a little different than you might expect.

Of course, until you have a chance to update the software, you can continue to use the previous version software if you avoid using special characters, but to be safe, please update!

Thank you!
John