McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently October 26th, 2020, 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 12:36 pm 

Hi I recently purchased a TracStar 900. The T900 only has literally 44 hours on the motor. Still in the break in period. I contacted a McElroy provider and they suggest that I changed the Injection pump. THe T900 idles weird under load. As its misfiring, thus why such part was suggested. So the injection pump has been replaced and YES all steps and methods according to the OEM specs were followed. NOW in LOW idle the motor sounds as if its misfiring. But on High idle it runs fine WITHOUT any load on the motor. As soon as you turn on the heater the issue persist. . . now heres the most recent issue.

The machine was idlin as mentioned above went to turn off the machine and NOTHING. I literally had the key in my hand and the machine was still running. I had to MANUALLY shut it off. Now the machine has NO power nothing. . .

And now I'm here trying to find some answers for this weird idle problem and no power issue. WE test the machine before we rent them out to any client. I dont want sent this machine out and have a customer complain.

So please someone chime in with some good insight on this issue thats driving nuts. The machined was running fine and as soon as it hit @ 35-40 hrs this issue started.

Thanks in advance

J

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 2:27 pm 

Have you checked the idle solenoid? I have seen simular problems from them.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 2:15 am 

I will check it when I get to work. But first I gotta figuere out why the machine has no power, its literally dead. I suspect a blow fuse, or main relay if these things even have such component.

What I dont understand is WHY is this machine doing this even though its a BRAND NEW T900.
I'm starting to suspect the machine was a defect from the manufacturer. At least engine wise, everything else work fine on it except for that IDLE issue, that shut off the machine when load is on the motor where its usable for fusion.

J

thanx for the imput.
Keep it coming guys (:

PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 1:49 pm 

Wow, you have some demons there that’s for sure. I have only had one or two hair pulling issues that the problem always seems to change. It a bear to troubleshoot when this happens but,,,,, hang in there and take notes and involve either your supplier and or McElroy and their technical department. I can say that when I had some problems that were always changing after each TS measure I finally found it in the grounding block located next to the Heater Contactor box. There are (if memory serves) 4 lugs on each side of this block to be able to insert wires for grounding (not all are used). What had happened was the lug had been galled and felt tight but apparently it was loose because I was getting all kinds of faults when engine or tracking vibrations happened. The fix was nothing more than moving the wires (after cleaning all the arc’d ends off) to one of the un-used lugs. Hope this helps

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 9:32 am 
Please feel free to give us a buzz as well. our main number is +1 918-836-8611. Sounds like you have something shorting....