McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently December 11th, 2019, 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 8:22 am 

Does anyone else have problems using the Vault with tablets? I have a windows tablet and the problem I have is I cannot drag and drop to share joint reports. Is there an obvious solution that I am just overlooking? or can it only be done from a desktop?

Another features that would be extremely convenient is the ability to "scroll" through joint "pressure graphs". I oversee multiple projects and fusion technicians. So I literally look at between 100-150 joint reports each morning. I filter to the "job" then the "joint dates" then check each joint report from the previous day. I typically only look at the graphs unless something doesn't look right then ill look at the summary for more clues as to what went wrong.
being able to scroll through the graphs would make accomplishing this task much
quicker!

PostPosted: June 16th, 2014, 4:18 pm 

Thanks for writing and bringing this to our attention.

I passed this along to our developer and we just made an update an update so that the dragging/dropping should work now on your Windows tablet. We tested it on both a Surface 2 (RT version) and a Surface Pro (original) using both the "touch" browser and the "desktop" browser. When you touch and hold the joint record, you can drag it over for sharing. And of course if you have the keyboard attached you can use the touchpad to drag and drop or you can attach a mouse (via bluetooth or direct via USB). You may need to log out and back in again and/or reload your browser first.

With regard to the "scrolling" feature, thanks for the suggestion. I've passed that along as a feature consideration. In the mean time, here is something that you can consider that might make it easier for you to quickly review multiple joint records.

1. Create your filter as you normally would
2. When you the see the list of joint records on the screen, look for the button on the right hand side above the joint record list that says "Tag Joints"
3. With the full joint listing on the screen, click the button to tag all the records in the list with whatever tag you want to use
4. Back on the left hand side, where you defined your filter, click back on the "browse" tab. Then, at the bottom of the menu tree, click on the + sign next to expand the "Tagged Joints" folder.
5. Click on the plus sign of the folder that has the name of whatever you tagged the joint records with to expand that folder - you should now see a listing in the menu tree of all those joints
6. Click on any joint record that is showing in the menu tree and you will see the data display to the right. You can click on the tab for the graph. To move to the next joint, just click on it in the menu tree and whatever you are displaying in the main part of the screen (graph or data) will update for that new joint record.

This will allow you to quickly move from joint to joint without having a lot of extra clicking and screen refreshes. When your done, you can simply remove the tag from all the joints (or maybe change the tag for any you want to review further) and then you are ready for the next day.

However, there is one important limitation in this. Back in step 2, if your filtered list has more than 100 joint records (I believe that is the limit), you won't be able to tag them. So, for the time being, you will need to create your filter in such a way so that the full list has less than 100 records at a time (maybe add operator or machine to the filter) but as you generate your lists, you can use the same tag for all the joints so you can still review them as a group.

I hope all that helps. Let us know if you have any more issues with the drag and drop on your tablet and if there is anything else we can help you with.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2014, 5:05 pm 

That does help thanks Paul!