McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently December 13th, 2019, 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: trac 618 no start
PostPosted: August 28th, 2014, 12:18 pm 

I have two 618 tracstars both with kubotas not wanting to start, traced it down to fuel shut off solenoid not engaging to allow the machine to start. I have cleaned both solenoids lubed them bench tested them and both work cleaned wiring still nothing. I replaced the board from a working machine onto one of the non working ones and still nothing. Any help????

Post subject: Re: trac 618 no start
PostPosted: August 28th, 2014, 4:48 pm 

Has someone in their infinite wisdom installed an E-stop? I guess first off is to see if there is 12V coming into the pull side of the solenoid? Check the white wire to ground with the meter set for DC Voltage. if no voltage then start working your way back looking for bad connections/ broken wires.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2014, 2:20 pm 
I would check what Dave has mentioned. If you need some help doing it, feel free to give us a call on our tech line when you are sitting in front of the machine with a multimeter. We would be glad to help.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am 

ok followed the white pulse wire from the fuel solenoid and no power to board and i dont know where to go from there is there something else that sends signal to board to give it power like i said already switched to a good board and still nothing have now tried two different boards both working and still nothing on either machine

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 3:40 pm 
It may be easier to troubleshoot this verbally. Please feel free to give us a call at the technical support help desk. Make sure you have access to the machine and a multimeter. There is not that many circuits so it ought not take too long to figure out.
http://www.mcelroy.com/fusion/contact.htm