McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently December 11th, 2019, 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 11:51 pm 

I am hoping you can help us troubleshoot a problem we are experiencing with the McElroy Dynamac 250. We currently have 12 Dynamac’s onsite experiencing problems with holding pressure for the duration of the cooldown times and with pressure fluctuating while on cooldown. I have attached some photos of the Data logger readings to show what is happening.
The ones that drop out actually cut out, we have replaced some circuit boards and solenoids without too much success. This has become a problem only in the last few months. I have had electricians and Fitters look at them and they cant seem to find anything.
We have been swapping Hydraulic packs out to different carriages also to try different set ups without success.

Any assistance appreciated.
cheers

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 10:33 am 
Are you still having issues with this? I did not see a DataLogger report on the post but I'd be interested to take a look at it. It is fairly normal to see some pressure fluctuation during the cool cycle but it should not be severe. If the motor cuts out completely that would be an indication that the internal time/temp parameter controls are shutting the motor down, especially if cycling the power switch resets it and the motor comes back on. If the pressure is fluctuating severely that my be harder to troubleshoot.

One common problem is that there are some internal fittings that come loose and allow fluid to bypass which results in the machine not keeping pressure. Shoot us an e-mail at techsupport@mcelroy.com and we can take a look at the DL reports and go over some of the possible issues. Thanks.