McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently December 14th, 2019, 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 26 PB Facer blade screws
PostPosted: August 26th, 2014, 5:13 pm 

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with the #26 PB facer blade screws being ripped out of the blade holder and stripping the threads on the blade holder, I just encountered the third instance of this happening in the last 4 months and am wondering if this has been an issue for anyone else?

Thanks
Dan Rouse

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 10:27 am 
Dan,

I know we spoke via e-mail regarding this issue but I wanted to post a reply here to make sure anyone else with similar questions could find an answer.

We are aware of a few cases where this is an issue. We're working on an improved design and we hope to have that ready by the first quarter of 2015. I'm told there will be a retrofit kit as well when this gets rolled out.

Thanks for letting us know you were seeing this type of issue.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 2:36 pm 

The blade holders for the 26 pit bulls have been redesigned to a 2 blade pocketed style much like the PPR 26 facer assembly. The part #'s are 717403 and 717503. This design change will eliminate the issue of the tapped holes on the blade holder becoming tweaked and or stripped.

Thanks McElroy!

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 1:05 am 

you need to address flag note "A" please on the 1800mm unit and flag #6 on the 26 units. soooo close :mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 24th, 2016, 6:12 pm 

We have been receiving some complaints about the amount of material the 26 PB facers remove after we changed our blade holders to the 2 blade pocketed style and the fact that it takes an extreme amount of pressure to get the blades to engage the pipe. Being as they are the PPR blade holders my first question is, are the PPR facers designed intentionally to take less material with each pass of the blades due to the difference in material? If so why was this not mentioned when offered as a solution?

I have remedied the issue by shimming the blades with two layers of an adhesive backed foil tape. This raised the height of the blades approximately .002 - .003 of an inch and our facers with the two blade pocketed holder now produces a ribbon that is identical to what you would expect from a brand new unaltered facer. They were so thin before that they were slightly transparent.

Also wondering if anyone else has encountered this and just trying to help provide a solution.

Please let me know what your thoughts are

Thanks
Dan Rouse