McElroy Discussion Forums

McElroy Fusion Discussion
It is currently January 22nd, 2021, 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 13th, 2014, 3:00 pm 

What is the voltage limit for the 14 pitbul heater plate. I have a customer that has had 3 burn up in the last 30 days. They have checked their voltage and it is running on the high side of 120v. Please advise.

thank you.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2014, 4:20 pm 

We had two new ones go today (11-13-14) and had one go yesterday. I had the electricians check all the outlets twice and they said they were reading 119v constant. Each board wouldn't last more then 15min. If this helps

PostPosted: November 19th, 2014, 10:11 am 
That isn't good. The usual culprit behind boards burning up like this is a bad power source.

The boards should be run at 120 volts assuming the jumpers on the board are set for it. Make sure pins 1 to 2 are have a jumper on them as well as pins 3 to 4. A little fluctuation won't hurt them but that doesn't sound like it is the case here.

The easiest way to isolate the issue is to take a heater i.e. the one that burns up every 15 minutes and run it on house power. If it runs fine, start looking at the power source. If not, start looking at the heater.

Monitor the voltage on the generator especially at the moment the heater cycles on. If the voltage regulation on the generator isn't working properly, there will be a voltage drop and then a spike each time the heater cycles on.

Hope this helps and let us know.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 2:02 pm 

we do have house power where we are doing our fusing. The electricians said that the other circuit boards that are on the same circuit and arent having any issues. They will do more testing on monday the 8th. Have you any other ideas? We have burnt through two more since my last post another one today (12/5). we have four 14 pit bull heating plate one bran new and it doesnt matter what one we use they keep burning up. Im in the middle of a project that i have no choice but to use the 14 pit bull fuser for so if theres anything new please let me know. Thank you

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 5:21 pm 
If you want, talk with your authorized McElroy distributor and ask for an RMA. Tell them you spoke with Joshua Lawrence with McElroy and that I am going to replace four of the boards. I will ask you send the failed boards to us under the RMA number they will provide ASAP so I can pass them along to engineering for evaluation. Let's see if we can finger the culprit by looking at the dead boards. In any case, you will get some replacement boards headed your way that will not cost you.

Show them this post if needed. They will know how to get in touch with me.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2014, 9:24 am 

ok will do, thanks josh